Wednesday, January 12, 2011

First post of Sec 2 LA Online Lesson - Prejudice

For our first LA lesson in 2011, we have a short free writing exercise. For today, the exercise is on Prejudice.

What I already know about Prejudice:

Prejudice is a form of discrimination against an individual, institution or group of individuals. The prejudice may be racial, religious, etc. For example, when Adolf Hitler tried to exterminate all the Jews, the unsuccessful genocide may be viewed as Religious Discrimination or Prejudice.

Such Prejudice was also seen in the USA during the Civil War period, where a war was fought between the Confederate and the Union, to free negro slaves. Although the war was won to free them, they did enjoy complete equality, until recent years. However, since Mr Barack Obama became president, it might be seen as a milestone that the country and its people have managed to overcome such racial prejudice.

What I want to know about Prejudice:

I want to understand more about how a prejudice can develop, and affect a society.

No comments:

Post a Comment