I think that if I was Harper Lee, I would still have ended the story in a similiar method, as the ending of the story encompasses several main points:
- Appearance of Boo Radley
- Death of Bob Ewell (End of the Conflict)
Therefore, the end of the story, also allowed for the closure of the main story arcs, being the Kindness of Boo Radley, and Bob Ewell's actions. The ending also shows how Boo Radley left the safety and comfort of his house to protect Jem and Scout, even though he might have endangered himself in the process. Also, the death of Bob Ewell ends the story on a calmer note. The last few sentences of the story, implies how Boo was actually like.
" 'An' they chased him 'n' never could catch him 'cause they didn't know what he looked like, an' Atticus, when they finally saw him, why he hadn't done any of those things ... Atticus, he was real nice....' " (Pg 287)
Lastly, the last sentence of the story, ends the story on a calm and peaceful note, with Scout falling asleep in bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment