Saturday, July 24, 2010

Helping out with DSA

Today, I went to help out with the HCI DSA batch 2. This batch was the non-GEP batch. (There are two dates for the DSA exercise. The earlier date for GEP was about 2 weeks earlier, but I was unable to go as I was supporting the SJAB team at the SYF opening Ceremony.) Anyway, the people helping reported to LT3 at about 7.15. We were briefed first while we waited for the students to arrive at 0800. When we reached Kah Kee Hall, we saw groups of children and parents waiting to enter the Kah Kee Hall. We were arranged into groups - 1A to 1L and 2A to 2L and 3A to 3L. We were arranged in a line and among each number, we were given folders, as we were meant to collect and submit the papers of each student to the General office. After we took the attendance [of our groups], we left for the next location (either Interview, General Ability Test or Maths)

My group was first for the interview. While waiting for the other members. I chatted with the other members of the group. It turned out that one of them was from HPPS (aka my primary school). It was quite enjoyable talking to them.

The rest of the day was unremarkable as we were mainly bringing the students to the different locations. However, I did enjoy pointing out some of the landmarks to them. At about 2 pm, the exercise concluded and everyone headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment