Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Racial Harmony Day. And Other News.

File:Traditional indonesian instruments.jpgAs I mentioned in a earlier post, I was performing during Racial Harmony day. The performance was done with the 11 HCI students and the Bukit Panjang students. We were playing two gamelan pieces. The first piece was Kebo Giro, and I was playing the Saron (on the right).
The piece sounded like this youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlap5WulHOw


However, we had to perform the pieces four times for the Secondary 1 to 4 levels. Thus, we only got to explore the cultural bazaar after most of the stalls had packed up. Also, we missed the Indian Mass dance. The experience was quite interesting as I have never performed in front of such a large crowd. I was wearing A Jacket with a white shirt and Black trousers. (But because I had no black trousers, I had to wear track pants) There was also a cap for us to wear.

The cultural bazaar was also quite interesting. Most stalls were selling food, such as éclairs, Nasi Lemak and Chicken Curry. There were some stalls which sold snacks and drinks as well as some game stalls.

Other News:

I sprained my ankle last Sunday, accompanied by a cold. Thus, I had to wear a rather uncomfortable ankle support and I was unable to go for CCA.


No comments:

Post a Comment