Basically, The "Tiger Mother" in the title is also book's author, Amy Chua. The book is her memoirs which are talking about her experiences with her two daughters. I found the book very interesting.
It also gave me an insight into how parents try their best for their children, and they sometimes have to make difficult choices for their children or for the sake of the family. It certainly gave me food for thought over how different cultures also have different parenting styles and rationale for their styles.
I could also commiserate with some of the feelings mentioned in the book. For example, she mentioned a time when her daughter felt joy and accomplishment after learning a song successfully. Even though I am not as good a pianist as her Daughter, Sophia (Who plays at concerts and has performed at Carnegie Hall in New York), I can empathize with the difficulty one feels when trying to master a piece, as well as the sense of accomplishment when the piece has been mastered.
I think that overall, the book was very interesting and insightful for me.
Definitely Recommended!!
Definitely Recommended!!
No comments:
Post a Comment